What is Portal?
Informe Portal is a web site with an unique 3rd level domain name. Every portal consists of one or more components such as forum, blog, wiki, gallery and portal home page. All portal components have shared authentication engine and special setup page.
Detailed information about portal features you can find here.
- What difference is between Portal-I and Portal-II?
There are two kind of portals. Portals-I are based on:
- PhpBB 2
- Wordpress (Blog)
Portals-II are more modern, powerful and much more stable than Portals-I. Portals-II are based on:
- PhpBB 3
- Wordpress (Blog)
- Gallery 2
Portals-I have limited support at the moment. Of course, we keep these portals workable but in comparison with Portals-II they have not evolution. Our users are not able to create new Portals-I but they can send us a request to upgrade their Portals-I to the Portals II.
- Is it possible to upgrade Portal-I to Portal-II?
- Is it possible to convert Portal-II to Portal-I?
Unfortunately, we are not able to support this process.
- I did not receive confirmation e-mail message. How can I confirm my portal?You may go to special page for resending of confirmation e-mail and try to resend it by filling of the form at that page. If it will not help, please tell us via Contact Us or at Support portal .
- How to remove Portal components?Open Setup panel, choose General Setup tab, take off the marks from the components to remove and save the changers.
- How to change Portal style?Open Setup panel, Themes tab, specify the style for all the Portal components and save the changes.
- How to customize page headers?Open Setup panel, Personalization tab, there you will be able to specify title, description, favicon, logo and header background for all the Portal components and save the changes.
- How to manage your account on the Portal: How to manage the avatar?User can download avatar in case there is a Forum component on the Portal. The picture chosen will be displayed in the Forum and in the Portal (if it is used). Open User Control panel, Profile tab. Choose Edit Avatar item. The entry field will appear on the page if this option is not forbidden by administrator.
- [variant 1] Upload the file from your computer. It should have size within 90x90 pixels and 6 KB.
- [variant 2] Upload the file from URL
- [variant 3] Place the link to avatar needed from another site.
- How to manage your account on the Portal: How to change the password?
- [variant 1] Forum. Open User Control panel, Profile tab. Choose Edit Account Settings item. Enter new password and it's confirmation and press Submit button.
- [variant 2] Wiki. Open Preferences panel, User Profile tab. Enter your current password, new one and it's confirmation, press Submit button.
- [variant 3] Blog. Open Administration panel, Users tab. Choose Your Profile item. Enter new password and it's confirmation and press Update profile button.
- [variant 4] Gallery. Open Your Account panel. Choose Change Password item. Enter your current password, new one and it's confirmation. Press Change button.
- How to manage your account on the Portal: How to configure the language?
- [variant 1] Forum. Open User Control panel, Board Preferences tab. Choose Edit Global Settings item and install the language required, save the alteration. It will affect all the Portal components.
- [variant 2] Wiki. Open Preferences panel, User Profile tab. Install the language required, save the alteration. It will affect all the Portal components.
- [variant 3] Gallery. Open Your Account panel, Account Settings item. Choose the language required, save the alteration. It will affect all the Portal components.
- How to change Portal Page content?Open Setup panel, Portal Page tab. Feel free to manage the title and hello message and also define the panels outputted in the Portal on this page.
- How to moderate and to deal with spam: How to ban user?
- [Forum] Open Administration panel, Users and Groups tab. There are items Ban emails, Ban IPs, Ban usernames in the menu - all of them can ban user by different parameters. You can also define the ban period and reason, save the changers. You can also ban user via Moderate Control Panel.
- [Blog] Use Admin panel, Users tab to remove user.
- [Gallery] Use Admin panel, Users tab to block user.
- How to moderate and to deal with spam: How to cut down topics and posts adding?
- [Forum] Open Administrator pane, Forums tab, Forum permissions item to define rights within the Forum for users' groups.
- [Blog] Open Administrator pane, Manage tab, to correct comments.
- [Gallery] Use Edit Permissions item in menu to define rights for users within the album, the picture, or the whole gallery.
- How to moderate and to deal with spam: How to remove the topic or the post?
- [Forum] When being on the forum administrator has access to the Moderate Control panel to remove topics and posts (open Main tab, View Forum item).
- [Blog] Use Administrator panel, Comments tab to remove comments.
- [Gallery] Use Delete Photo item in main menu.
- How to remove Portal?
- Open Setup panel, choose Delete Portal tab and press Remove Portal button.
- The confirmation e-mail with a link will be send then. WARNING! By clicking the link you agree to remove your portal without any recovery chance.
How to edit portal Welcome text?
- Login as Admin in forum, after that
- follow button Called ''Setup'',
- tab "Portal Page",
- section "Welcome text" at the page,
- Put the Text you want to be on portal at that section (It supports BBCodes)
- How to Change Styles Themes?Login as Admin in forum, after that go to:
- "Setup" section by link "Setup",
- tab "Themes"
How to create new topic and add new tag?
- You may open the form of new topic creating using create this page link on the search page.
- Enter the text of your message on the editing page and press Save page button.
- You may also enter tag on the page of topic review under the text.
- You may use words (not shorter than 3 symbols and not reserved by the system) as tags.
- What extensions are there on the Forum?
- Store and Cash
- Hide button
- How to activate Store?For MOD's activation you need to add at least one element to the Store.
- How to customize Store?At the moment Store is under construction and it's settings are not available.
- How to add new element to the Store?
- You need to be logged-in as administrator to add new elements to the Store.
- Open Forum Administration panel, MODS tab, choose Shop Item Management item, enter new element title into the field in the right part of the page. Fill in all the fields on the next page (elements editing page).
- Editing and removing the elements of the Store?Use the list of elements on the Shop Item Management page for elements editing and removing.
- How to customize Cash?
- You need to be logged-in as administrator to customize the Cash.
- Open Forum Administration panel, MODS tab, choose Cash MOD item, define forums and users to get cash:
- Open Administrator panel, Forums tab, choose Forum permissions item.
- Choose forum available for getting cash and users groups able to get cash.
- Choose Advanced Permissions item on the page of group's rights managing.
- Define the value Yes for the field Receive cash for posting in the table of expanded rights.
- Save new rights permissions for users groups.
- What options are available for the Cash?
- Cash can be turned off and on by Enable Cashmod option (turned off on default).
- Use Cash per post option (integer) to define the number of virtual money for post.
- Use Cash limit option to limit the maximum number of virtual money for 24 hours.
- Define the list of virtual currencies and setup the list:
- Use Add Currency panel to add currency to the list (define the name and the cost to add).
- Use the list of currencies to change the cost of each currency and the currency used on default).
- There is no opportunity to remove currency from the list.
- How to buy something in the Store?
- Go to the Store page to buy something (there will be the link to the Store in the menu if there is at least one item available in the Store).
- You can buy items in case you have enough virtual money to pay for them. Use Buy link to make a purchase.
- How to know which items are purchased already?Open User Control panel, Inventory tab to see the list of items purchased.
- What can I do with the items purchased?
- You may Sellback the item purchased - use Inventory tab, the Return for $<price> link in the items list if available for this item (is managed by administrator).
- You may Throw away the item purchased - use Inventory tab if available for this item (is managed by administrator).
- How to add video from YouTube into the message on the Forum (YouTube's MOD adaptation)?
- Use YouTube button in message editor to add video into the message.
- You need to put the template of YouTube insertion: [youtube][/youtube] in the message.
- Enter YouTube video clip URL or clip page URL or clip code into BBCode tag.
- You may also define the size of the window for clip viewing - [youtube=<width>,<height>]<clip URL>[/youtube]. Width and height should be indicated in pixels (don't add suffixes: px, em, pt and %).
- How to add event to the Calendar (Calendar MOD)?
- You need to have enough rights (defined by administrator) to add events to the Calendar.
- Open the Calendar, choose the symbol of star in the tab of a date you want to add event to, fill in the form of new event.
How to create new post in Blog and add new tag?
- Open Administration panel, Write tab.
- Enter title and text, press Public button.
- [variant 1] You may add tags when post creating.
- [variant 2] To add tags for the category follow the category link, the list of tags and field for adding new ones.
How to upload new pictures into Gallery and add new tag?
- Choose Add Items item.
- Point the title of the file to upload and press Add Items button.
- [variant 1] You may enter tag into the field under the picture and press Save button.
- [variant 2] Chose Edit tags tab and enter the list of tags required into the page, press Save button.
- What extensions are there in the Gallery?
- Watermark module
- Tags module
- Hidden module
- Password module
- Image block module
- Album select module
- How to add Watermarks?
- [variant 1] Open the page of a picture you want to add watermarks to, choose Edit Photo item in menu, Watermark tab. Choose watermarks you want to add to the picture. If you have no watermarks to use you can create them and upload using Upload watermarks tab.
- [variant 2] You can add watermarks in the form of new picture adding using Watermark item.
- You can also define watermarks for the Album (for all the pictures in the album) using Watermark tab on the page of Album editing.
- How to add tags to the picture?
- [variant 1] You can add tags to the Album (or Gallery page if it has a picture on it) filling-in the field New Tag (tags should be separated with comma or semicolon).
- [variant 2] You may add, edit and remove tags for pictures on the page of tags editing. Use Edit tags item in drop-down menu under the icon, or follow the link Edit Tags in menu of the picture page.
- What opportunities does Hidden module have?This module helps you hide the elements (pictures and albums) from the guests to limit the access to the exact element for the exact guest (defining limited rights).
- How to hide the element from the guests?Open Edit photo tab (Edit Album) and turn on the flag in the field Hidden to hide the element from the guests.
- What opportunities does Password module have?This module helps you set up the password to limit the access to the element chosen. Only users who know the password can work with this element.
- How to establish the password to the element?Open Edit photo tab (Edit Album) and enter new password and it's confirmation into Password Protection section.
- How to cut off random picture displaying on the Sidebar?
Only administrator can manage this option! Open Gallery Administration panel, Image Block tab (random picture displaying is managed by this section) and turn off all the flags.
- What options are available for the Image Block?
- Heading flag turns on icon displaying for random picture.
- Title flag - title displaying for random picture.
- Date flag - creation date displaying for random picture (based on metadata indicated in the picture file)
- View Count flag - displaying the number of picture page reviews.
- Owner flag - picture owner displaying.
- What are the purpose of the Album Select module?This module helps you navigate within the gallery albums, it represents the tree of albums in Sidebar. You may also manage representation properties using Gallery Administration panel, Album Select module.
- What difference is between Portal-I and Portal-II?